From Comparison to Inspiration: Curating an Anti-Anxiety Environment with Liz Miles
“Be in control of social media. Curate your social media life. Change it from comparison and competition to inspiration and challenge.” This is just one of the many valuable suggestions to come out of Susan’s conversation with Liz Miles, a 26 year old “millenial” navigating her life in NYC. Incredibly bright and articulate, Liz talks about her beginning days as an 18 year old college student with anxiety who needed help. She got that help (listen in to hear how) and is now traveling with a tool box full of various practices, ideas, exercises and support. Find out what’s in Liz’s tool box and see what speaks to you!!
Meet This Episode's Guest
As the Director of Australia and New Zealand at the International WELL Building Institute, Liz provides technical resources to WELL projects and WELL Accredited Professionals in Australia and New Zealand, leads the regional expansion of WELL and supports the internationalization of the WELL Building Standard.
Prior to joining the IWBI, Liz was with Delos as a Director on the Solutions team, where she provided consulting to project teams in pursuit of WELL Certification. At Delos, Liz also founded and chaired the Workplace Wellness Committee, where she led the development and implementation of various internal wellness initiatives. Liz's professional background spans both the non-profit and real estate sector, including program evaluation and grant research for an international health and human rights organization, the Heartland Alliance, fundraising and development for Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders, and property management for residential and commercial properties in the U.S..
Among the first to be accredited as a WELL Accredited Professional and having served as the consultant on several of the first WELL projects in the world, Liz brings extensive knowledge and experience in the integration of wellness in the built-environment, and more specifically, expertise in the WELL Building Standard. Liz is also a WELL Faculty, LEED Green Associate, a licensed New York Real Estate Salesperson, and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science with a minor in French from New York University.
Selections from Liz's Tool Box!
- Meditation: https://positivepsychologyprogram.com/mindfulness-positive-psychology-3-great-insights/
- Yoga/fitness: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3632802/
- Relationships: http://www.thepositivepsychologypeople.com/perma-r-is-for-positive-relationships/
- Gratitude: https://positivepsychologyprogram.com/gratitude-appreciation/
- Acts of kindness: https://positivepsychologyprogram.com/random-acts-kindness/
- Willpower: https://positivepsychologyprogram.com/psychology-of-willpower/
- 5:1 ratio (for every 5 positive, 1 negative): https://www.gottman.com/blog/the-magic-relationship-ratio-according-science/
- FLOW: https://positivepsychologyprogram.com/mihaly-csikszentmihalyi-father-of-flow/